You will be in an altered state for many moons...

If your Achilles tendon is ruptured, torn, or even simply inflamed with tendonitis, your life is about to change. Mine sure has - so I decided to chronicle these events, and create a place for others to share their experiences, advice, resources and emotions during our journey toward recovery.

Nothing in this blog is meant to take the place of the medical advice of your physician. Follow the instructions of your medical professionals, not me.

Monday, October 18, 2010

12. Don't mess with Sasquatch


http://www.weirdthings.org.uk/big-foot-guitar-sasquatch-rocks-man/

Bored.  Bored bored bored.  Foot looks funny.  Why are my toes so red?  Why does my heel burn?  Hey, the top of my foot is numb.  Is that normal?  I wonder if I can move my ankle at all.  Hmmm...Wonder if I can feel anything through these bandages.  Where is my incision - right here?  No, right here?  Augh, the bottom of my foot itches - need to scratch it.  What can I stick down in this splint...

This is called MESSIN' WITH SASQUATCH and I don't recommend waking the sleeping monster.  I did this during an hour of drug-induced optimism, and I'm paying for it.  STEP AWAY FROM THE FOOT.   These first few days, just behave and leave it alone!  Unless something truly alarming starts happening - pain and numbness and burning and numbness are, well, pretty normal from what I can tell, so just deal with it!  No point in exploring, unwrapping things, poking around - just let it heal.

Meanwhile, sometimes it really does feel like a troupe of wicked little fairies has rigged up a system to randomly tug on those stitches and nerves, sometimes with a vengeance!

No comments:

Post a Comment